Monday, March 22, 2010

Home Repair

Michael went out of town this morning, and wouldn't you know it, the garbage disposal stopped working. I talked to him this afternoon and he said to call a plumber and never, under any circumstance, stick my hand into it. Really??? I thought that would be a good idea! Anyway, I decided that I would be the default man of the house and fix the disposal myself. I envisioned taking the sink apart and having nasty pieces strewn across the kitchen floor. But since I have not been initiated into the plumbers union, I decided to research the problem on the Internet. (The computer knows everything, don't you know.) Thanks to About.com, I found out that you can clear a clogged flywheel by merely turning a hex-wrench in the bottom of the disposal for 5 seconds. (Without sticking your hand into it even!) So after 5 minutes of research and 5 seconds of work, I saved having to hire a plumber! The disposal works like a charm. I could get used to this kind of home repair! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment