Our first thought was of a fun car. Look how pretty it is. So shiny and powerful. But really, are you going to put two car-seats into this?
So we revised our thinking to something larger. This Pilot could still fit into our self-image. It looks fun and big. So we went to the dealership to check it out. We liked it but the 3rd row seat is a little squished, the gas mileage was pretty low, and the kids needed help getting into it.
So what we really need is something like an SUV except with a larger 3rd seat, with better gas mileage and a little lower to the ground so the kids can get in easier? Really, we need a minivan? It was a shocking realization that, indeed, I am old enough for a minivan. So yesterday, we purchased a grey 2007 Honda Odyssey. I am officially a soccer mom. Michael was very sympathetic to my feelings and offered to get me a bumper sticker that said "My other car is a Ferrari." Very funny - if you stick anything to my pretty minivan, you will be in trouble.
Ha! Welcome to the dark side! ;)
ReplyDeleteCute, Beth. I have a hard time going there (minivan), too. I'm still thinking Volvo Stationwagon!
ReplyDelete