Don't the kids take good pictures?
Well, the first tandem ride is behind us. Look at the final photo and you can see how stressed Nathaniel was to get onto the bicycle. After much cajoling, I convinced him to ride up our street to try it out. He screamed for two blocks before he settled in. Then he would scream every time we hit a bump. Things were going better for about 2 miles when we got to one stretch where we had to go onto a sidewalk that had a wall right next to it. We only had to go on the sidewalk for about 100 feet before it widened back out into an 8' trail like the rest of the route. Unfortunately, Nathaniel saw that wall and freaked out. He leaned so far away from it that it knocked me off balance. I tried to compensate but ended up falling into the block wall. I was able to catch the bike before Nathaniel fell off but scraped myself up pretty badly. Nathaniel didn't get hurt physically but I don't know if I will ever be able to get him back onto the bike again. I did put him back on it to get home. We were still several miles from the house. He again screamed for a couple of blocks but then settled in. We were quite a sight with him screaming and me bleeding all over myself. I heard him telling Gabriel later that that was his first and last ride on the tandem bike!
No comments:
Post a Comment